One of the charities I like to give to, is Hooking for the Homeless (which is located in New Hampshire).
If you follow them on Facebook, they post links to (usually) free patterns including knitting, crocheting and sewing.
If you are local (which I am not), they also have meet ups to sit and create.
There are many ways to donate: monetarily, via Amazon Wish lists, purchasing items from partners they have and will receive a portion of the sales, and of course creating handmade items and sending them to them.
In each of my boxes, I try to also add one or two skeins of yarn since the organization also teaches people fiber art crafts.
I have my first box of the season packed up and ready to go!
I have added in my Cleo Tones Scarf.
I realized, I really won’t wear it and someone else might like it.
Here are some of the items I put in the box:
- Two “Its a Cinch” ear warmers. I love this pattern! Super easy and I was able to use up the rest of my Big Twist Yarn (so soft and fun to work with)
- I used Bargello Yarn held double to make a mens scarf. A simple knit 2 purl 2 scarf, it is thick and warm. The yarn is shades of cream and brown. I purchased this yarn for basically nothing from Spinrite E-tent. I am also including two skeins of the yarn.
- I made a cute baby hat from the Fall 2017 issue of Love of Crochet. The pattern is the Pumpkin Pie Slouch Hat. I didn’t intend to make a baby size, but I either crochet very tightly or I did something wrong. It’s very cute though. Tough to see in the picture the lovely front and back post stitches. I have some orange yarn I may use to make myself the same hat (no pompom).
- I took the left over Knit Picks Brava Bulky yarn to make a simple child’s hat. No pattern, just a basic crochet beanie. Lion Brand Wool-Ease in Heather Pink for the trim and pompoms of both hats.
- I decided to not send in the the wash cloths I made from Simply Sweet Yarns Nubby Scrubbies. I realized my stitch count was off and they ended up not being square. Miss ME can use those ones during her tubby. Instead, I am sending in four washcloths using on the back pattern from Moogly’s Pampering Picots Washcloth. A breeze to crochet up! I am sending in a 8 pack of soap to go along with the washcloths.
- I am also sending in the Chunky Textured Slouchy Hat I made a while back. This was the first item I made for this box…just took a while to fill the box!
Thats the contents of this box that (hopefully) be in the mail this Tuesday!
Have a great week!
Find me on Ravelry: MrsMcD918
Join the Ravelry Year of Projects group to see what other crafters are up to!