Cozy Flannel

For a long time, I have been writing that I am going to make my husband a blanket.

I’ve started a crochet one…

I started another crochet one….

I have yet to finish either one.

For his birthday this year (a biggie-50!), we bought him a nice, comfy leather recliner.

So I searched online for fabric that would look nice with the brown leather.

I found a flannel jelly roll on the Missouri Star Quilt Co. website and it had great reviews.

New to quilting, I made a nice quilt top using the MSQ Co. Jelly Roll Race tutorial (same I used to make my son’s quilt-which I’m happy to report he sleeps with every night!).

The colors look great together and it will look so nice with the recliner.

Plus, it is long enough for my six foot tall husband!

IMG_6479

I’m not exactly in love with the polka dot stripes, but as a whole, I like it!

IMG_6480

This one, I have chosen to send to MSQ do so some fancy quilting!

I chose the pattern “Autumn Leaves” and a nice brown and cream backing.

I plan on giving it to him for Christmas and the cut off date to receive back in time for Christmas is October 14th.

Luckily, he was out of the house yesterday and I was able to get the quilt top done in a short time.

I’ll post pictures when I receive it back!

Have a great week!

Untitled7

Linked to: Quilting Room With Mel

Annemarie’s Blog

11 thoughts on “Cozy Flannel

He’s going to love it! I think I watched a video on that MSQ quilt and I was thinking about doing one as it looked easy and fun. Yours turned out great! Are they all flannels? The yellow with the black dots looks just like the fabric I am backing the grands I Spy quilts with. I got a new sewing machine too as my other one was ‘possessed’! LOL! I love it and now I really want to sew! You’ve come much farther with your sewing than I have. I’m going to try and sew a bit each day as practice makes perfect, I hope! Have a great week!

This is such an easy quilt top to do! I found it good practice for sewing straight lines. I did use my 1/4 in foot that has a fabric guide on it. This entire jelly roll was flannel strips (I was covered in flannel fuzzies by the end-note to self, don’t wear black again when working with flannel).

I love all the quilt tutorials from MSQ. My next project is a Christmas Tree Skirt which I bought through the site as well ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Marsha says:

What a lovely gift for your hubby. I am sure he will be quite happy with it. My hubby likes polka dots, not to wear but likes them in other things. I will need to go and check out MSQ. You make quilting look easy.

It is a great site with lots of video tutorials! I also love Man Sewing’s tutorials (he does a lot of work with MSQ Co also). His videos are also very easy and straight forward to follow ๐Ÿ™‚

Oooh… I can’t wait to see that quilt all quilted-up! The colors are wonderful – the stripes make me think of men’s ties. Your husband is going to love this! I’m going to love this!

4. Rain Frances says:

That’s such a thoughtful gift…I’m not a fan of polka dots, but you’re right, it does all work well together! Good luck on the quilting!! Lucky fella to get a leather recliner! We have a black one, but years of pets have turned it into…well, it doesn’t look like leather anymore lol!