Ok, so I was totally going to be a grown up and make a legit muslin of the Made by Rae Cleo Skirt….but, I was/am too impatient.
My first Cleo was a great learning experience, but the skirt was too big and did not flatter me.
So for my second one, I once again chose inexpensive quilting cotton (why waste more expensive material?).
I went down one size, which made for a better fit.
I do feel, for another in quilting cotton, I could keep a XL front but go to a L back.
In a more drapey fabric, I would stick with an XL and see how that goes.
If you opened my waist band, you would see quite a mess…this, for some reason, was hard for me this time…thank god it is all hidden.
I did read on someone’s blog that they pressed the gathers before folding the band and sewing.
I will definitely do this in the future.
Also, I really gathered (I mean really gathered) the front panel before attaching the waistband.
Duh, I should have lined up the center notches and then gathered as I eventually matched up the outer notches.
Light finally dawned on marble head for that one.
I am still sticking to View B, as I need super simple design as I am so new to garment sewing.
I wore this today and received many compliments on it (“super cute skirt”!).
Here is my daughter’s photo of me:
Man oh man, I LOVE pockets!
Ok, the kids start extended school year on Monday and that means I will have a few hours on my days off to sew.
So here is my “to do” list”
- Gypsum Skirt by Sew Liberated (pattern assembled and fabric from Sew So English)
- Metamorphic Dress by Sew Liberated (Pattern printed, linen from Joann’s and rayon from SSE)
- Ruby Top by Made by Rae (pattern and fabric cut, linen from Joann’s and some silky fabric from Joann’s-both from my stash bought long ago).
Have a great week!