Year of Projects 2018-2019

image

For the past two years I have really loved participating in the Ravelry group Year of Projects.

It is a great way to motivate yourself to finish projects, try something new or difficult and  gather inspiration from others posts.

I have put things such as “learn to knit socks”, “take a sewing class”, “refurbish a vintage sewing machine” on my list and I’ve done all those things!

I debated on whether to make this years list vague or specific, once again it will be a mixture.

Here is my 2018-19 YOP list:

• Finish my Charlotte Afghan (crochet)
  • Knit myself a hat (pattern purchased and I am SO in love with it! This is my planned project for a plane trip I have coming up)
  • Finish my Stitch Sampler Wrap
  • Finish my Kimono Wrap Sweater (one knit panel done)
  • Knit one pair of socks (preferably learning the magic loop method or using 9″ circulars)
  • Knit a sweater (yarn and pattern purchased)
  • Make a new work tote
  • Sew two baby quilts (material ordered)
  • Sew my MSQ wall hanging (materials ready to go)
  • Sew one quilt for myself (materials ready to go)
  • Sew clothing (see my To Do list here)
  • Take more sewing classes
  • Bake an edible loaf of bread (sounds simple, but I have never been able to do it)
  • Bake scones (simply because I love them and have never baked them)
  • Donate to charity (crochet, knit and sewn items)
  • Add any “to do” to this list as the idea strikes me!
  • The biggest and most important-STASHBUST my yarn!

I very much look forward to reading everyone’s lists and seeing their projects throughout the year!

Linked to:

Creative Jewish MomYOP8s_medium

18 thoughts on “Year of Projects 2018-2019

1. Ella says:

Great list, and I look forward to seeing your quilts. I’m just getting back into quilting myself, and am so curious about other quilters’ adventures. As for the bread, just remember that while you need to knead the dough to activate the proteins, you must be careful not to knead it to death. Let the dough rise a couple times, it helps get it lighter and “fluffy” and helps to make a light, edible, tasty bread.

Thank you for your tips!! I’ve tried bread before and it always ends up a hard as a rock lump 😉
      The baby quilts will be the first time I’m using a panel for part of the front. The one for me is a patchwork quilt kit I’ve had for a while from Craftsy.com.

2. Allison says:

I think I should have made stash busting my number one on the list this year, I want to make more room for other projects and i haven’t seen the finishes I need to lately.
    Bread I can do but Scones, they are just not my friend. They are edible but just not quite right..
    I’d like to do more sewing too, I’ve got a couple of projects half done, I’m hoping your progress will inspire me to get them off of my to do list and onto my finish lists.
    I think your list is a great variety and I that’s what keeps motivated!

I’ve really stopped buying yarn in hopes of using what I have! Charity hats will be a big user of yarn this fall.
      If you have a good bread recipe, pass it along 🙂

3. Lucy Bowen says:

Great list, I love the addition of baked goods! It’s been a while since I baked scones, I really must do so soon.

4. MindingMyOwnStitches says:

Very diversified list!

Our bread baking was changed forever once we got the book Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day. We’ve got great results and love making bread?

As for scones, I’ve had great results with this recipe:

The only problem is that they are so delicious that we usually just eat scones and jam until they’re gone!

It also sounds like you’ll make good progress on stashbusting as it looks like many of the projects on your list are matched up to materials on hand.

Looking forward to another great year!