For the past two years I have really loved participating in the Ravelry group Year of Projects.
It is a great way to motivate yourself to finish projects, try something new or difficult and gather inspiration from others posts.
I have put things such as “learn to knit socks”, “take a sewing class”, “refurbish a vintage sewing machine” on my list and I’ve done all those things!
I debated on whether to make this years list vague or specific, once again it will be a mixture.
Here is my 2018-19 YOP list:
- Finish my Charlotte Afghan (crochet)
- Knit myself a hat (pattern purchased and I am SO in love with it! This is my planned project for a plane trip I have coming up)
- Finish my Stitch Sampler Wrap
- Finish my Kimono Wrap Sweater (one knit panel done)
- Knit one pair of socks (preferably learning the magic loop method or using 9″ circulars)
- Knit a sweater (yarn and pattern purchased)
- Make a new work tote
- Sew two baby quilts (material ordered)
- Sew my MSQ wall hanging (materials ready to go)
- Sew one quilt for myself (materials ready to go)
- Sew clothing (see my To Do list here)
- Take more sewing classes
- Bake an edible loaf of bread (sounds simple, but I have never been able to do it)
- Bake scones (simply because I love them and have never baked them)
- Donate to charity (crochet, knit and sewn items)
- Add any “to do” to this list as the idea strikes me!
- The biggest and most important-STASHBUST my yarn!
I very much look forward to reading everyone’s lists and seeing their projects throughout the year!