Works In Progress

Two items on my Year Of Projects list are to make a new work tote and complete my stitch sampler wrap.

This week I worked on both.

First, my tote bag.

A few weeks ago I saw a YouTube video by Midnight Quilt Show about using stash fabric to create a tote.

Turns out, the pattern is free on Craftsy.com!

It is the Tiki Tote.

I used left over fabric from my Cleo Skirt, my husband’s quilt, my Little House table runner and other stash scraps.

I cut them all into 2.5″ strips and then into 2.5″x5″ strips.

I have sewn four of the eight outer panels and, surprisingly, they seem to work together!

I do not plan on using strips for the inside, instead using one piece of fabric for the liner.

I also have some cream canvas that I’ll be able to use for the straps (hopefully there is enough).

I also managed to complete a few more rows of my stitch sampler wrap (free pattern on Ravelry).

I plan on having this done and blocked by mid August.

That’s it for this week!

YOP__1__medium

(BTW-having a problem with my WordPress account via my computer, so posting from my phone. Posts will be short & sweet!)

22 thoughts on “Works In Progress

1. Marsha Noce says:

Your tote is going to be dynamic. I agree with a solid lining too.

I made the stitch sampler shawl. It was a great way to learn some stitches. I enjoyed making it and plan on doing another one soon. I like the color of yours.

i watched the video from Midnight Quilter….great tote bag and it’s true…all those fabrics look great together! Love your Stitch Sampler wrap too. I’ll have to go look for that one!

Wow! What a lot of little strips of fabric! I can’t wait to see the finished tote. It’s going to look great! And the stitch sampler wrap is terrific looking. I love close up “tease” shots. Can’t wait to see that finished, either. 🙂

4. Sharon says:

That tote looks really lovely, the fabrics do go together. The wrap looks lovely and it so nice when we are using up stash as it means we can buy more, lol.

5. Renee Anne says:

Some days, I wish I could sew…..and then I look at my yarn stash, my fiber stash, my yarn to dye stash, my stitch marker making stash…….and remember that no, I’m good 🙂 Also, I’m impatient so sewing may not work well for me. I do love a good tote, though…….

6. Lucy Bowen says:

Those bits of fabric go so well together, they will make a gorgeous tote. I love the idea of a,stitch sampler wrap… maybe when I’ve finished the rest of the list…!

7. Stefanie says:

Ooh! What fun you must have had putting the panels together. I want to make one! I’ve been itching for ages to “quilt” pieces together. I have so much scrap fabric.