I would love to say the third time is the charm…but it wasn’t.
I am determined to find the right fit for me with the Cleo Skirt.
I realize it is meant to be a full skirt (lots of pleats, etc), but I can’t get the sizing right.
My first Cleo was done strictly by the measurements as noted in the pattern.
Way too big.
I had shortened the elastic quite a bit, but there was just too much material.
Second Cleo, I fiddled with the sizing and it was better…I could wear it out and although I still felt large and in charge, I received many compliments.
Third Cleo, I kept the same sizing because I was hesitant to change the size again as I was working with a different material (had it been quilting cotton, I would have decreased size again).
I found the most adorable fabric in the clearance section at Joann’s ages ago (I believe for 70 or 90% off).
It is from the Gertie Collection (Blog By Gertie).
I thought it would make an adorable summer skirt.
This sewed well and is very cute!
Here is Cleo #3.
Now for the bad part.
I was sewing along quite nicely…pockets-a breeze, pleats-looking good, then I sewed the waist band/elastic and went to turn it right side out.
Ummmmmm, it already was right side out.
Thats right, I was cruising along and sewed the waist band on basically inside out.
Now a good, meticulous sewer would have ripped it all out and redone it.
I don’t have time for that.
It doesn’t look bad so I kept 🙂
Now, this is skirt is still little too big.
Cleo #4 (yes, I will be attempting again) will be a size large with a possible medium for the back.
I am nothing if not determined!
Have a good Sunday!
Joining YOP on Ravlerly
#madebyrae #cleoskirt #raemademedoit