Since I acquired my new to me Kenmore sewing machine, I have been itching to test it out.
My first project (still in progress) is a baby quilt for my niece to gift to a friend of hers.
I’ll post that after I complete it.
So, for a good “learn to use the machine” project I went to my tried and true Simplicity #8022…pajama bottoms.
I made three pairs, one for Miss Mary and two for Eamon.
(I failed to get a picture of Miss Mary’s).
For Eamon, I stash busted and made these two pairs:
(more accurate color picture)
They are cute!
Since this machine is not a drop in bobbin, I used these as practice on bobbin winding/placing the bobbin…so the cuffs and waist have some different color threads.
Surprise, surprise, Eamon even tried them on so I could see if the length was right…he may even wear them!
I also used my serger for the some of the project (great, easy project to get some serger practice).
With some left over Elvis fabric, I made a Japanese knot bag.
I drafted a rough pattern and followed this tutorial.
I think my handles are too thin and the tutorial (although very good-clear directions and pictures) had a step sewing the sides that no matter how slowly I went, no matter how much I pinned, it still is not a neat seam.
However, a usable bag (the inside is leftover flamingo fabric from some pillow cases).
If anyone has a tried and true project bag pattern they want to recommend, I’d love it! Preferably something without zippers (still working on those).
Have a great week!