I am determined to conquer them on simple projects before using them in clothing.
So, using my trusty School of Sewing book, I made two pouches.
First up, I needed a small pouch to carry in my tote bag.
I have switched to carrying a tote bag instead of a cross body bag because I am carrying so much more now (knitting project, snacks for the kids, water bottles, etc) since I spend a lot of time at practices and appointments.
I needed a small pouch to keep my “stuff” in.
I let Miss Mary pick out the fabric and it turned out pretty good!
I made a mistake in cutting the size of the interfacing, so it was a bit bulky to sew.
As you can see, my left corner/zipper section is a tad wonky but perfectly usable for what I need it for.
This is using a 9 inch zipper with one inch boxed corners.
Today, I opted to practice making a knitting project bag.
I had cute yarn print fabric in my stash and I used cotton muslin for the lining.
Although the kids were in and out and distracting me, I took my time and my zipper/corner worked out much better!
This is using a 14 inch zipper and 4 inch boxed corners.
It is very cute and will be a perfect size to hold my upcoming Drea Renee Knits Shift Cowl project.
Now the bad news.
I was so psyched that the zipper looked good that I totally didn’t pay attention, boxed my corners and….realized I never did the “pull through the lining” part.
So, what that means is you can see all my seams inside.
I will make a sock project pouch next and hopefully I will hit every step and have a perfectly imperfect pouch!
Have a good week!