YOP Update

It’s been a long time since I posted.

Not intentional, life just became busy and I have been down for the count with pneumonia 😷

I did manage to do some sewing though.

I made a new dress, using the under skirt portion of the Metamorphic dress pattern by Sew Liberated.

Metamorphic dress

Metamorphic dress

I added 5 inches in length and used bias tape for the arm holes and neckline.

I need to do some serious YouTube watching for using bias tape, however this is totally wearable!

Next I finally finished my Ruby Tunic, pattern by Made By Rae.

I cut this so long ago and am so happy I finished it.

Ruby top

Ruby top

I have worn this several times already!

Ruby top

Ruby top

I also just completed a second Ruby Tunic.

All fabric is from Joann Fabrics.

Next sewing projects are:

Sew Liberated Strata Top

Sew Liberated Gypsum Skirt

Sew Liberated Hinderland Dress

Can you guess I love her patterns! 😊

Have a wonderful week!

16 thoughts on “YOP Update

What pretty dresses/tunics! I love the wearing of them with leggings. Makes me want to make something like this. Ruby looks very good on you, Ali!

Love your dresses and that tunic! I’m going to check her patterns out as I have been looking for some tunic tops to make for summer. So sorry you were sick…pneumonia is nothing to mess with. ..so glad you are better.

3. highlandheffalump says:

Oh I’m sorry to hear you’ve been so poorly. I hope you are feeling much better. I LOVE your Ruby tunic. It looks really lovely on and the fabric choices go so well. That almost makes me want to sew, but all our fabric shops have closed here, so my nearest one will be in Aberdeen 115 miles away. Probably just as well as I have enough hobbies on the go.

Thank you! Such a shame that stores closed. That’s like me with LYS. They’re all closing. Luckily I found a small shop 10 miles away (fingers crossed they stay open). I am starting to feel better, thank you!

Liked by 1 person

4. Stefanie says:

These are terrific finishes! I’m so envious at all the sewing you’re getting done. I haven’t touched my sewing machine for months and only recently to just sew up the ripped pocket on my daughter’s hoodie. I’m trying to get her teacher’s cross stitch done first as I’ll need to frame it as well. Ten days of school left.

Thank you! Don’t be jealous, more sewing means is only because I haven’t been able to concentrate enough to read 🙁. Haven’t read all month. I can’t wait to see your cross stitch! Something I’ve always envied. My mom made a beautiful sampler and I keep thinking I’ll someday make one.